Wednesday, May 26, 2010

First TNT Workout

We had our first TNT workout this past Saturday 5/22/10 in Redlands, CA. Very short, 30 min (I lost track?) run/walk around the neighborhood. Even though it hurts more to run on my foot than to walk on it, I definitely aggravated it.
After the workout, we went to Running Center for a shoe clinic. I didn't realize my shoes were so old and worn out until at least 3 people told me so. That's fine with me because that meant new shoes! yay! It took me at least an hour to finally settle on the shoes that I chose, Saucony, and I'm still hoping those are The One. I also went a little out of control and bought clothing and accessories. I promise, I'm done with buying new running gear!
I was supposed to head to my jobsite for a Tour of California viewing barbecue but my foot was bothering me too much so I decided to stay home and rest my foot. I heard I missed out on the fun though!

P.S. I bought a couple of carbohydrate/electrolyte "gels" and people were warning me that many people didn't like the consistency. I thought, "whatever, I eat all kinds of gross things anyway.." Well Monday morning I didn't have time to grab breakfast so I brought a Power Bar Gel with me in the car to eat on the way to work. I took one little gel-gulp and I literally gagged SO hard..it was DISGUSTING!! FYI! haha gross!!! Well, I refrigerated the other gels I bought, I hope it tastes better that way. (ew I still remember the grossness)

My foot is still hurting which means I'm still being made fun of at work :( haha! Hopefully it's better by the next training this Saturday otherwise I have an appointment with a podiatrist.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment